"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

21 Days Left!!

Things are really starting to wind down for me now! I leave for New York for vacation with my family on Friday and won't get back until Saturday the 17th. After that I will have one more week at home. My farewell talk will be on the Sunday the 25th, and I leave for the Missionary Training Center on Monday the 26th. I've been spending my time recently buying things for my mission and getting everything all ready. We put in a big order to Missionary Mall to get my suitcase and boots and a few other things and have been stocking up my extensive first aid kit. Right now I feel ok about Spanish. I can understand Spanish pretty well and can generally understand what I read in El Libro de Mormon (although it takes a really long time to read out loud for pronunciation, then to read in my head and translate and then read the english version to make sure.) All in all things are going well and I'm starting to get excited as well as sad about leaving my family and friends. But I know these will be the best two years of my life and I can't wait! 21 days and counting!

-Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment