"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm Going to Guatemala Next Week!

Mi Familia!! Como estan ustedes!!!!! How are you all doing?

I hope everyone is doing alright. Hopefully Dad is getting better from being sick? I think that I got "sympathy sickness" because yesterday I started to get sick. I'm feeling pretty sick today, but I had a priesthood blessing from my roommies last night so that made things better. But my stomach is just feeling off lately and my throat is soar. Pero, toda esta bien! All is well. I'm still really loving the MTC, it's a great place. I see Elder Mark Thomas all the time now that he's here. He's the district leader of his district (I could have guessed that.) and he's doing really well I think. I also see Elder Twoody all the time now too. I love seeing him haha, he's the best. I got some pictures with both of them and a lot of other people that I've seen here that I know so I'll send those to you before I leave NEXT WEEK! Haha yes I am leaving for Guatemala next Tuesday! How did you know that?? I got my travel plans last Friday or something. But anyways, yes I'm super excited to get down there and let my spanish really start to get better. To answer your question, yes I do still feel like the old wise sage of the class. I don't really know all that much, but everyone else thinks that I do so they ask me stuff all the time. I have to admit I feel like I'm in too easy of a class. I can bear my testimony in Spanish and can do a pretty decent contacting job too. Elder Hogan is still struggling with Spanish but he's doing better and he's great. He and I get along well and we are doing really well together. I feel already like I've learned to be so much more patient and loving with other people and I want to stay that way even after I get off my mission. So hold me to it!

Kinzie- thank you for your letter! I was really happy to have gotten a letter from you :]  I'm very proud of you :] Tips for high school? Stay away from boys, and do your homework. You'll be so much happier if you jsut do your work and try to do it joyfully, because you won't be as stressed and you won't have to deal with stinky teachers!! So just do it and be happy :]

Jack! How is football going buddy? I hope you are doing well and that you aren't nervous anymore. I want to see some PICTURES so make sure that you make mom and dad take some of your games and send them to me ok? Tackle somebody really hard for me :] My advice for you for middle school...stay away from girls and do your homework! Almost the same as kinzie =P Just do all of your work and try to do your  best in everything you do ok? Never do less than your very best, and I promsie you'll be a lot better off than I was. You'll be great in middle school. I love you Kinzie and Jack :]

Also thank you to Uncle Richard who sent me a dear elder last night! Words of support and encouragement are always appreciated!

Alright I have a lot to tell you guys so hopefully I can remember it all and get it all in. I am leaving next Tuesday at about 8 in the morning from SLI airport. I will land in DALLAS Texas (woo!!) around noon central time. I'll be in the Dallas airport for about 5 hours waiting for a layover. So, that means I'll get to call you guys!! So on Tuesday, try to be available to call between 1 and 5 ish ok? I'll be sure to give you a call and talk to you :] Also, speaking of Dallas, there are a bunch of guys going to the Dallas mission in my zone, so I'm going to tell you some of their names so that you can tell our people in Texas to look out for them. Elder Reed, Elder Field, Elder Moody, Elder Nestman, and Elder Sedgewick. Those are all the ones i can remember for now, but be sure to tell them! They are great missionaries.

That's good to hear that the Torre's are all ok and that there wans't any damage to their house.  (His Mission President's son and daughter in law who are living in their house while they are on their mission, had to be evacuated due to a brush fire in Taylorsville. Thankfully they and the house were fine!)   The Lord is watching over them I'm sure. Speaking of the Torres, I met their nephew today!! His name is Louis Torres and he lives int he same building as me. I told him I was going to the GCN mission and he said "Oh so President Torres is your mission president?" (except in Spanish) and I said yes and he told me they are his Uncle and Aunt. So that was really funny and cool that that happened. He gave me a letter to give to them when I see them so I'm excited for that.

Mother, I still haven't gotten your package yet, but it's all good because your emails and dear elders have been good enough for me :] Thanks for writing me. Elder Hogan is going to send you a letter today I think so you can watch out for that as well. Um, We have had a couple GA's come to speak to us. Last night  we had Elder Evans of the 70 and he gave a great talk about the Book of Mormon. Then we had Elder Kendricks the week before who is an emeritus. So yeah the devotionals have been awesome. I met a lot of Elders going to the CCM on the same day as me, so I figure there are about 30-45 of us all going down there the same day. I met an Elder Nelson who is going to my mission who knows Ian Freeman, and Ian had told him to look for me, so it was funny to meet him and he's going the same day as me too.

All is going well here. I love it here and I love the people here.  I can't wait to get started in this wonderful work. I know that what I am teaching is true and I know that it will bless people more than anything else in the world. I want to share this Gospel with everyone I meet and encourage all of you to try to do the same. I love you all tons and miss you and can't wait to get to call you next Tuesday! Please send this along to Matt to and tell him I love him and I'm praying for him and his responsibilities as DL. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera y que Jesu Cristo es mi Salvador y Redentor. Nos ama mucho y quiere ayudarnos a estar mas cerca de El. Les amo much familia. Miss you tons and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Con mucho Amor,
Elder Jace Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment