- They live in the church and have no electricity, running water, or real bathroom facilities.
- They spend a lot of time hiking and traveling up and down the mountain.
- Food is not very plentiful and they eat beans and eggs for every meal.
- They don't shower except for on Preparation day once a week.
- On Sunday nights they travel to the San Francisco church building which is just a one room wood building with dirt floors. They meet up with two other elders and sleep in hammocks or on the chairs in the church. The next day they travel to another town for p-day where most of their clothes are kept and when they go back up to Yalijux, they only take what they need for the week.
It sounds like it will be an adventure! Charisse said her son loved his time in Yalijux, and I am sure Jace will love it too.
|The Yalijux church where they live. Their room is the door that is open.|
|Their kitchen. Notice the water container. Just like camping!!|
|The throne - a cement hole.|
|Shower??? Don't you love the door and the holes in the wall???|
|The Primary room behind the church.|
|The church in San Francisco.|