"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, March 14, 2011

Staying in Yalijux

At Rio Dulce.
Things aren't that bad Elder Norton!
Jamaica or Guatemala?????




Ma sa sa' lee ch'ool?? I hope that you guys are having a good spring break so far and that you are all happy and doing well!

This email might not be quite as long as they usual are because I was waiting for mom to write so I could write and also cause I'm attaching a bunch of pictures. (don't worry about it though mom, I'm a fast typer and I can still whip out a good email.)

Sooo, first of all I have to say that we got changes and I will be staying in Yalijux like I thought, and Elder Xocop is leaving which is sad cause I really love that Elder, but I was thinking that he would leave. So I'll be getting a new comp pretty soon. A lot of people think that a new person might come up with me to Yalijux (not someone new to the mission but to the Polochik) so I kind of hope that happens cause I want to train in the Polochik and I think it would be a lot of fun. So we'll see what happens.

Last week I didn't get much time to work in my area because of changes and the conference and everything so nothing really happened at all in my area this last week. I'm excited for a fresh new change and to get to work hard with my new comp, whoever he is. There are a lot of possibilities in Yalijux but it's going to take a lot of hard work. President Torres told us that the area that has had the most baptisms in Senahu for the past 5 years is Yalijux. Apparently there's quite a history there, but I still don't know what that history is yet... But I'm determined to keep up the good name of Yalijux and put in my effort to work really hard and baptize a lot of families. Yesterday we had to come down from Yalijux early to be ready to leave today for our zone activity. Since it was Sunday there weren't any cars so we had to walk all the way to Seritkiche to catch a car of some of the church leaders of Senahu. We had to go pretty darn fast to get there on time and Elder Xocop had a small suitcase of all of his stuff that I helped him carry half of the time. We walked from 9:30 until 1:30 pretty much nonstop. But it wasn't near as hard for me as it was last time and I felt good the whole time. Today for a zone activity we went to a place called Rio Dulce which is a little bit further than El Estor which I've told you about before. It's the river that leads into Lake Isabal and is really pretty. It was a lot of fun and the pictures I'm sending you are all from there. We went to this little castle and took lots of pictures and it was way fun. I hate to say it, but I kept thinking  that I have to take you guys there when you come to pick me up. Speaking of that issue, what I say is, everybody has to come to pick me up, or I'd rather just go home and do a different vacation. I want everyone to be there so if money is an issue or if there's some other kind of issue with the kids, I'd rather come home and do a little vacation in the states or something and then wait and go back with you guys the next spring or summer. I don't know. Tell me what you guys think about that. The other thing I was thinking about is that if we wait to do it for a year I will for sure be able to come back later. Cause if you guys just come pick me up, I don't know when I'll be able to go back. So let me know what you think.

Thanks for your emails as always and thanks for the spirit that you guys help me to feel every time I read your emails. You guys are awesome.

Mom- wow sounds like a kind of lame way to start off spring break with snow! But that's good that nice weather will come. We heard all about the earthquake and tsunami, but we just heard it was really bad, we didn't know too much about it. That's crazy. I really like the part of the song that you sent me, so thanks for that. I'd never noticed that before, but it's really powerful. Haha I'm glad that Twoody's mom is sympathetic. Tell her I'll be spending a month in Colorado when I get back for treatment to recover haha. My back's not hurting too bad, it's more of an annoyance than anything. And I want to be as healthy as I can be and not look like a weirdo. But thanks for being such a loving mom. Love you! ps, I had some alfredo pasta yesterday and almost cried.

Dad- jaja first off I love how you used Q'eqchi' for your subject. That just made you even cooler haha. Are you guys going to go maybe watch the tournament if BYU goes far? If you do I will be SO jealous! That's cool though about them getting 3rd seed. I'll keep`them in the back of my mind and I'll be cheering for them! I have been thinking exactly the same things lately about how far the world is sinking. In buses and on the streets sometimes we hear music from the states and I almost can't believe how vulgar all of it is getting. It was always bad, but now it's just plain disgusting a lot of it. It's really sad, but I know that as a family we can help each other get through it. I want us all to live close together too if we can so that all of us can have a support system and we can all go to church and eat dinner Sunday nights and stuff like that. Plus I just love you guys. Love you dad!

Kinzie- thanks for the email.  You are pilas for liking basketball and I love you immensely!! :) keep being awesome, I'll write more next week.

Alright well times up but I love you all tons!! Write you next week!! Keep being the best.

Love,
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment