"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

6 Months in Salama

Hey guys!

Sorry I'm writing so early, but because my comp's going home he wants to go and say goodbye to everyone and has to do a bunch of stuff to get ready. But it's ok because I'm still feeling great from when I called a week ago.

Alright, well we got transfers last night and I will be STAYING in Salama at least another change and will be getting a new comp. I'm actually pretty excited because I'm fairly certain we are going to baptize a lot next change. We have like 3 families that are investigating the Church a lot that are all really interested. We just have to be diligent, work hard, and pray really hard and I know we're going to have success this next change. It will be nice to hopefully have a "younger comp" (or in other words a comp who isn't going home soon.) In fact it would be really nice to have someone that has less time than me in the mission since that's never happened before. We'll have to wait and see, but I already feel like this next change things are going to go really well here.

My New Year's resolution is to work my guts out for the last 7 months of my mission. I was reading a lot about the people of Ammon and how they buried all of the sins and their past for good, and then just went and did what was right. I've just decided that I'm going to do the same. I'm burying all of my past life and just going to bury the natural man that's in me, and then for these next 7 months dedicate myself completely to the Lord's work. I am just so grateful that God allows us to change and become better through His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a miracle and I just feel so blessed that I can change. So that's what I'm doing for this New Years. But in reality it's not a New Year's resolution, it's more of a "new life's resolution." Sometimes I don't really understand completely how it is that because of Jesus Christ I can change and become a better person, but I know and feel that it's true. And I know that this is His church, the only church on face of the earth, that has His authority to perform sacred ordinances that allow us to access that miraculous changing power and teach us how to keep that change and "retain the remission of our sins" forever. I love the gospel! And I love all of you guys. Thanks for being such a great family. 

Alright sorry guys to cut this email a bit short but I'm pretty much out of time. Here's some personal comments-

Mom- haha sounds like a fun New Years. Don't worry I didn't do anything either. I just went to sleep at 10:30 as usual and got half woken up at 12:00 by the tremendous noise of the entire town lighting what could be used as semi-lethal BOMBS for 10 minutes. Other than that I didn't do anything. But it was a great New Years and I felt the Spirit a lot :) Next year we will have to have a HUGE party. And we'll have to watch some movie trilogy new years day haha. :) Ok, as for "Taylor", if you could refer to him by his REAL name, Twoody, I would appreciate it. And the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes. I couldn't think of any better roommate than Twoody. I was so happy when I read that haha because a lot of times on the mission you meet a lot of other good friends and they make plans to room together and stuff. But I'm glad Twoody is a true friend. So yeah I'm not sure how that's going to work but I would like to room with Twoody and Matt and Mark if Mark wants to. Mark might already have plans but I'm not sure. You should email his mom and ask. It would be a ton of fun to room with Twoody and Matt and Mark. But let me know! Love you mom! :) 

Dad- yeah how did the Kings game go with the Lakers?? I'm assuming they probably lost because you didn't say anything exciting like that, but how did Jimmer do? He's a stud for sure. Which bowl game did BYU play in? I finished the Book of Mormon a little while ago too and I'm going to start it over again. I love the Book of Mormon! It's so awesome. Let me know on any insights you get from reading it. How's seminary going with the Old Testament? Any cool things you have learned? Haha yeah I'm sure that gearing your resolutions toward July will make things go faster haha =P Love you dad thanks for being such a great example to me and for your prayers for me. Take care and good luck at work! 

Alright, well times up guys. Hope you all had a great New Year's and that we can all strive more to be more like Jesus Christ in this new year of our lives. I love you all and I'm working hard for you guys.

Love,
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment