"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Going to the Mission Home!

Hey family!!! 
Thanks so much for your emails! I was thinking that I wouldn´t get any emails because I wasn't expecting to email today, but you both wrote me so thanks so much for that! First of all I just want to kind of answer your questions according to what I know so far. Ok. So the mission home is about 20 minutes from the CCM so we will have to take a bus, but not very far. We will spend all day tomorrow with Presidente and Hermana Torres. I think that most likely we'll meet and talk and get to know everyone and things like that and we'll have dinner and then he'll interview all of us. I think that probably we won't find out where we're going until the next day, but I've heard rumors that we get to email in the mission home as well so I really don't know, but I'll let you know where I'm going as soon as I can! I can't believe either that it's already time for me to go out into the field and do the real work! It's so weird that it's already been 9 weeks. From what I've heard we'll most likely get to listen to 
General Conference in English (depending on where I am I guess...)  


I've heard about Hurricane Matthew that is hitting Guate right now. From what I've been told most of the damage and most of the rain is hitting my mission right where we have the coast on the east side. So I'll be sure to be safe and careful if I get called to an area that is affected by the hurricane. Also, sorry about the money! I didn't think I'd spent that much at all. The only things that I bought were at the Mercado which was less than $100 and then I spent some on food at the mall and candy, and then I bought glasses and scripture cases here close to the CCM. I guess maybe it's just harder to keep track of how much I'm spending since I get about 800 q. for only 100 dollars! So sorry about that, I'm trying to be more careful with my money.  


Matt- thanks for your email! . Keep up the good work and I love you. I will definitely keep Brother Stevenson in my prayers. Also please keep me in your prayers. I've been praying this past week to have a family prepared to be baptized my first week in the field (or probably the second Saturday because of General Conference).   (Oh, the confidence of a new missionary)  Thanks for your advice dad, it's always really appreciated. Hopefully I can answer some more of your questions tomorrow or later. I just want you to know that I love you all and I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and this is His church that has again been restored to the earth.  I can't wait to testify of this in the field. I love all of you and I'll talk to you all soon!! Love you!     


Con amor, Elder Jace Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment