"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Can't Wait to Hear All of Your Beautiful Voices

Hey guys!!!

I hope you are all doing well and as excited to talk tonight as I am!!! In light of the fact that I'm going to be calling you guys to talk to you in just a couple of hours I'm not going to write a ton. I'm going to send some pictures and write a little though :)

First of all (I'm going to say it tonight), but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!! :) You are the best mom ever and I would pretty much be a wreck without all of the things you've taught me and helped me with in my life. I'm really so thankful for such a righteous mother who has been such a good example of steadfastness and faithfulness to me and I want you to know that you are just the best. I hope you had a really nice and relaxing weekend and that you were treated like a queen (but I hope that you always get treated like a queen all year round too!) There's not much I can give you right now, just a phone call :) Love you Mom!

Grandma- Happy mothers day! Thank you for being a wonderful mother to my father (a.k.a. grandma) Thank you for always being so sweet and mindful of me, for putting my name in the temple always, and for being a good example to me of one who is dedicated in temple work. When I come home from my mission I want to do a lot of temple work with you and research a lot more about my ancestors! Thanks for all of your emails always. I think that I always get them but sometimes I forget to say that I get them in my emails home. So sorry, but thanks for always keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I hope you are doing really well and I'll be sure to talk to you tonight. If we can't figure it out with my dad then I will just have you call me after for a little bit so we can talk. Love you!

Well, the only thing I really thing that I want to write about here is about the upcoming week instead of this past week. We worked hard this past week, I got sick a little bit, but we had overall a pretty good week. But, this upcoming week President Torres and our Zone Leaders have asked us to set a special goal of having 5 baptismal dates and one family that will get baptized. In light of that we are going to start a fast tomorrow to ask for the Lord's help in accomplishing this goal. It won't be an easy goal to accomplish, but with the Lord's help we can do it. We had a really great spiritually uplifting zone meeting today and we talked about this goal and about how we need to work and be like Ammon, Alma, Aaron, and all of the great missionaries in the Book of Mormon. I'm going to try to work as hard as I possibly can this week and be as spiritually in tune as I can be to accomplish this goal and to honor you guys by serving the Lord with all of my heart. Please pray hard for me and for the Lord to grant us 5 baptismal dates this week (or preferrably more) with a family. But like some of the general authorities have said, it's better to pray for your children on missions and then to show your faith by doing a little bit of missionary work yourselves. I know that it's a little awkward or out of place sometimes in normal everyday life when you aren't a missionary, but I know the Lord will bless you. Try to share little bits of information about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, or invite someone who doesn't go to any church to go to church with you this Sunday, or introduce the missionaries to a family so that someday the missionaries can teach them. I know the Lord will bless our family for doing that and I know that doing little acts of missionary work will bring some of the best feelings you can have. So please just keep that in mind, and I know you guys will be blessed. :)

Also, I got my package today and it's great! You guys read my mind exactly haha because I was thinking just the other day that I should have asked for a pedometer to see how much I walk every day and you guys sent me one, so thanks haha. Hopefully my new exercise equipment will motivate me to work out more so that I can get into better shape haha. Also, thanks for the pictures!

Other than that, nothing too much to report. Before I forget, next week will be interviews and zone conference so I might be writing on Tuesday instead of Monday, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see I guess. But you should all for sure write on Monday just to be sure.

Alright well I can't wait to hear all of your xyaab lee kux jwal ch'ina useb' (beautiful voices)
NEKEXINRAH CHI ANCHAL INCH'OOL UT TEXINBOQ SA' JUN PAT!

Love,
Elder Norton



My companion, Elder Gutierres.

Elder Gutierres (in his waterproof boots) carrying me across a stream so I wouldn't get my boots (not waterproof) wet.    What a great companion!!!!

A little friend that we found in the church.

Water break!

No comments:

Post a Comment