"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, May 23, 2011

We're Being Blessed With A Lot of Success

Heeeeyyy my dear family, extended family, and friends! I hope that you all had a great week this week together in spite of me not being there to make a fool of myself for you all. I hope that none of you got too scared when the tornadoes came (I miss tornado sirens going off this time of year!) Someone pointed out to me in a Guat newspaper about the 20 people injured in Reading, Kansas so I thought that was kind of funny since I never thought I'd read about something like that here in Guat. I'm sure you guys all had a lot of fun together in the mini family reunion that you did, but let me assure you all that for there to be 100% fun, I need to be there! So sometime in the next year and a half we'll have to do something like that again.

This past week was good. It started out a little bit rough because I was a little bit sick for the first half of the week. I ended up having to rest in the house for a little bit because I didn't have very much energy, but other than that it didn't affect the work too much. We didn't have a full week of work because we didn't get back up to Yalijux until around 5 on Wednesday because of the conference. But we tried to use our time well to keep working with Victor's family (family Caal) and a couple of other families that we found that seem like they might progress. One of them is Vicente Xo (pronounced: show) and his son in law, Ramiro who say that they wants to get baptized. They didn't come to church but it's only been a week since we've been teaching them so we're hoping they'll come next week. Then we have María and Antonio Choc who both have a ton of family members that are members of the church and they are also thinking about getting baptized. There's one other family where the little girl called us over to give them a blessing. They didn't come to church either, but we are still going to see if we can get them to come next week. They are Family Coc (I think haha..) All in all, we had all of the kids from the Caal family in church yesterday which was really good. The mom didn't come because of her foot still, but she said next week she'd come for sure. And I think when she comes the dad will want to come too. We also had another investigator in the church who is going to get married to a member in our branch, so we are going to marry them and try to baptize her soon too. It's always really neat to marry and baptize families because that's what this work is all about. So that should be really cool. All in all we're still working hard and giving it our all and we're being blessed a lot with success. This week I'll be here in Senahu with my ZL, Elder Fadel until Friday so it should be a lot of fun. Elder Fadel is a super great guy and is really fun. He is suposedly the "master" of Q'eqchi' so hopefully I'll learn something from him.

Thanks for everyone's emails I really appreciated them all! It's really good to hear from you all and to know that you are all doing well. (I just have to say that I really did shout for joy when I found out that Mimi got a divorce, although I've known that for a while now. But I felt like shouting for joy again!!) I'm sorry I don't have time to write you all something personal today but I promise to write you all a little something in the near future :) Thanks for all being so supportive and for your thoughts and prayers. Love you all.

Dad- Wow, yeah I'd say that's a bit harsh about your "reputation" with the kids in the Stanley ward. I never really noticed any nazi-ism in seminary with you other than the fact that the kids looked like they had sometimes just come out of a concentration camp when they came to seminary. No but seriously, don't worry about it kids are weird like that. Let me assure you that you are not a nazi seminary teacher. You're just not a lame duck who lets the kids do whatever they want and you just do what's right. I'm sure Laman and Lemuel said similar things about Nephi behind his back and pretty assuredly Jesus Christ had a "bad reputation" with a lot of people who didn't like keeping all of the rules and doing what He said. So don't worry about it. You are the best seminary teacher ever because you teach with love and with the Spirit. I would never trade my seminary teacher for anyone else. Love you dad :)

Mom- hey mom I'm sorry but I am running out of time and don't have too much time to write you something. But I'm glad you liked the picture, and I'm sure that you were very excited to be able to watch all of the dangerous weather with your "weather eye to the sky" haha. You've gotten me into it too haha but there's not too many big storms here. Thanks for always thinking about and praying for my investigators. Also, I just needed to ask you about the back brace you were going to send? I forgot to ask you about it, but I'm not sure if you couldn't find one or if you forgot or what. So just let me know next week about that please :) Thanks for being such a wonderful and righteous mother. Love you tons!

Alright, well my time is up. Sorry the email is a little short this week, but I'll hopefully write a little more next week. I love you all and miss you all. This is the Lor'ds work, and I feel so blessed to be working in it.

Love you all!
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment