"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Food Poisoning and 10 Months in the Mission




Hello dear family and friends! 


Happy Memorial day to all on this Monday in May. I hope you guys had a really fun time over the weekend. I'm glad to hear that you are all safe and sound despite the tornado scares during the week. 

Well first off I'll tell a little bit about the week. It was a bit of an up and down week. I stayed in Senahu with Elder Fadel my ZL (Elder Larsen was my ZL in polochic. he's a DL now but for a different district.) So we worked Tuesday and Wednesday and had a lot of fun and had a good time. Then Wednesday night we both got pretty bad food poisoning. We were both sick at pretty much exactly the same time which in the end, looking back, is kind of humorous. It wasn't too funny at the time though haha. We didn't sleep much Wednesday night and were in the house all day Thursday sleeping and being sick.  Friday our comps came back down from Yalijux but I was still pretty beat up. I was feeling better but very dehydrated and weak, so I stayed home all day and slept. Saturday I was still feeling a little iffy so I didn't end up going back to Yalijux. But since we have investigators with baptismal dates and everything somebody had to go up to Yalijux to bring all of them to church. So, Elder Gutierres went with Elder Alvarado and I stayed in Se'amay with Elder Larsen until now. We had a good time. I was feeling much better by Saturday afternoon, just weak. So we ended up going to a couple of appointments and making a PIZZA (yum. I got the recipe that Elder Larsen's mom sent him so now I can make it when he's gone.) And that was pretty much the week. I didn't get to go to Yalijux at all this week which was kind of sad and the parents of the family that have baptismal dates didn't come to church again so that was also kind of sad. But the work goes on.

Today was a normal pday with nothing much going on. It was really hot here today so we played with water balloons and ended up just having a big water fight. It was pretty fun. And of course we ate ice cream.

This week has been a little bit of a baggy week for me to be honest haha. I wasn't working most of the week because I was sick, Elder Larsen and a bunch of other Elders that I am pretty good friends with are going home next week, I completed 10 months Saturday, I was thinking about Memorial Day/ Celebration at the Station/ Worlds of Fun over the weekend and how much I missed being there. And to top it all off they have played the song "Hey Soul Sister" by Train (one of my favorite songs) twice now in the internet place that I'm at. But I'm not baggy. Technically I can't be since I still don't have a year in the mission. I'm still homesick ;) But I was thinking a LOT about Celebration at the Station yesterday. Memorial day weekend is one of the weekends I looked forward to the most during the whole year. It was always a ton of fun, so I missed it a lot. But I'm glad you guys all had fun and are enjoying Worlds of Fun right now. Thanks for all of the pictures too.

That's fun that Sam is home again! I'm sure it's a huge transition being back in the states. I know for me I will feel probably a little uncomfortable or bad at first because of how much we have and things like that when I get home. I'm sure it's a hard transition to make. But that's good that he's changed a lot and has been really humbled. I'm sure a lot of missionaries will just be so excited to get back to fancy electronics and movies and nice things, but the ones that have really been changed by their missions will feel a lot less of that. So hopefully I'll be like Sam and be changed by my mission enough to feel like that.

Mom- ok sorry that I told Camille a little bit more like the earthquake and when I fell. I thought I did tell you about the earthquake last week though! I must have forgot because I wrote it to Camille first. Sorry. That's crazy about all of the tornadoes happening. It really is the last days huh. Only thing to do is be prepared and trust in the Lord more. It would be a really neat experience to go and help clean up in Joplin. Hopefully you guys can go and do that as a family sometime. I miss being there for family traditions too! But it's OK cause when I get home we'll keep up the traditions and start even more. Love ya mom!

Dad- haha shoot dad, I miss watching the "Memorial Man" movies with you.  (Every Memorial Day weekend, Mike watches the old war movies, and when Jace was little he used to call them Memorial Man movies.)  I was thinking a lot about that on Saturday and now today about watching those black and white movies we used to watch sometimes. I really wanted to be there to watch them with you! And Worlds of Fun of course to ride the Detonator with you and Jack haha. It seems like just yesterday we were there for Memorial Day last year. Yeah, Elder Fadel is a great elder. Very humble and really great. He's a Q'eqchi' master haha so everyone's always talking about him. We had a lot of fun together. And haha i know you were gone all week cause I got an email from your work last week saying you would be gone and to contact Cynthia Batts in case of emergency haha. I appreciated that. Love you dad.

Alrighty, well I am pretty much out of time but I love you guys tons and I miss you all tons! Thanks for the letters, pictures, prayers and support. Things are still going great and I'm still happier than I've ever been. I'll know by next Monday if I have a change or not so I'll let you know! Love you all!

Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment