"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

15 Months

Hey guys! Hope everything is going well at home. Things here have been good and we have seen more miracles of the Lord working together for our good. But, as always, with the miracles come lots of tests and trials of our faith. 

The miracles: First off, we had a really great and spiritual conference with Elder Amado of the Seventy. It was a pretty big struggle getting everything together for the conference because of some landslides that happened. President and Sister Watts and Elder Amado didn't actually end up getting to Coban until Wednesday when we were supposed to have the conference on Tuesday. We had to stay in Coban as well because of the landslides which was a slight inconvenience but worth it. I got to go on divisions with Elder Fadel to an area that is now closed called "Chikojl" which is part of Coban but is PURE Q'eqchi'. It was the best feeling getting to go to an area that is pure Q'eqchi' and speak Q'eqchi' with one of my best friends in the whole mission. Elder Fadel is so much fun and I just wish that he could be my companion. It was also a little bit depressing going there because I really just felt like going back to the Polochik. Anyways, the conference was really great. Elder Amado spoke a lot of inspired words of the Spirit and we received a lot of revelation for things we need to do here in the zone and for me personally.  Also I helped prepare a special musical number with Elder Dixon (who is a DL in my zone right now and I'm SO Happy to see him and hang out with him again!) that we sang for the conference. We sang "Abide With Me: Tis Eventide." and did a little part in Q'eqchi', the rest in Spanish and also had just one little key change that Elder Dixon worked out. It sounded really great and made Sister Watts cry! So it was a job well done for the Elders that sang and for Elder Dixon.  Then, this week we baptized 2 precious souls and children of our Father in Heaven- Gilsa and Nieves. It was a nice little service at 7 at night on Saturday. We weren't able to get it very publicized because we were gone for most of the week with the conference, so we didn't have too many members of the branch show up. But the whole family of Gilsa and Nieves came to the baptism, including Nora, Vidal, Cristian, and Erick who aren't members. That's another miracle. Cristian (their cousin) this week told us that he wanted to get baptized. This was a huge shocker because we had been told that he had already been baptized. We later found out that he had in fact been baptized...in the Catholic Church as a baby. So we are starting to teach him and have a baptismal date with him for the 5th of November. Also Nora, the older sister, and her son Vidal, are great possibilities. She told us that she knew that her baptism wasn't valid because she didn't feel cleansed from her sins and that she wanted to get baptized. Now the only problem is that she goes to a different church and we need to bring her to ours. So, it has really been a miraculous week with everything that happened.

The trials: these really aren't that important in comparison with the miracles we've been seeing. Just a few problems with my companion that will most likely result in him having a change, possibly before the changes come, and some things that have just been wearing down on me and making me feel discouraged. Also the district here in Baja Verapaz has been a little bit...rebellious and it's been really lame. I wish I could be closer to the other district with Elder Dixon!!!

But anyways, I'm doing well and I'm just trying to be who the Lord wants me to be. I'm learning a lot and I'm seeing how the Lord is helping and blessing me. Sorry that I'm not sending pictures today, but my memory is at the house downloading pictures that I have to a disc to send home to you guys this next week. 

Quick shoutouts:

Mom- thanks so much for the email. I really love to hear from you and know that you are doing well. I love you tons and I'm so grateful for you. Keep the posts with the family that is getting baptized. Be sure to go all of you and support them and be good friends to them. Thanks for your love mom! :) 

Dad- hey dad thanks for finding the time to write me. Don't worry that it wasn't much, I'm just glad to hear from you and know you're doing well. Good luck with "defending truth and righteousness" haha. I'm praying for you. Love you dad.

Kinzie and Jack- heard you guys did a good job on Max's performance thing. Wish I had been there to see it but I knew you both did great. I want to hear from you guys soon! Love you both.

Matt- Love you bro, hope you're doing well and hope school's going well. Write me soon.

Grandma- Sorry I never wrote you back but thanks so much for the email and for your prayers. You're the best living Grandmother I've got! :) love you!

Alrighty guys well times up, so I've got to go. Next week I'll probably be in the capital for most of the week for a dentist appointment with my comp and for concilio. I'll write next Monday! Love you all tons!

Love,
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment