"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Message of the Restoration of Christ's Church is Important Enough for us to do Anything to Share it With Others!



Hey guys! Hope everything is going well there and that you are enjoying the fall weather. (it's HOT in Salama.) I recently got back from Guate for another dentist appointment with my comp. He's doing pretty well but he's got some TMJ problems. His jaw is locked up on one side (like what happened to me for a while on a couple of days.) But it's fairly unusual since it's been like this for a couple of weeks now. So he was pretty worried about it and really stressed because of it. So we got permission to go to the cap today to check things out. We left yesterday afternoon and got to the cap last night and came back this afternoon. So it was kind of fun I guess to get to go to Guate again but I would have rather stayed here since the dentists couldn't really even do anything anyways. They just told him that it was normal and that he had to keep eating bland foods and do jaw stretching exercises. But oh well, he feels a litle bit relieved now so that's good.

This week was good since we were back in our own area again. It was a little hard at first since we didn't really have any set appointments because we weren't there so long. But we were blessed a lot. The assistants came and stayed with us for a couple of days and we went on divisions with them to work and we had a lot of success. It was really nice to have the extra pair of missionaries and we were able to have some great spiritual experiences. My companion and Elder Williams went to an area pretty far away and contacted a woman who said her husband worked every day from 7 to 9 and that the only time to come would be at 6 in the morning. So my companion scheduled an appointment for 6 the next day. He told me that night and I was convinced that he was out of his mind. I was actually surprised at 5 in the morning the next day when he actually got up and started to get ready.  At first I thought about just staying in bed and pretending like I was asleep so I wouldn't have to go, but he was way ahead of me and put the alarm of the phone next to me so that I would have no excuse not to get up. I got up and prayed and asked for the Lord to give me a positive outlook on the appointment and to help me to have a good attitude about it. So I got up and felt much better, got ready and we left. We found a bus to take us to her house and went to knock on the door. The guy who answered had definitely been sleeping right before and was pretty surprised that we were there. But he eventually let us in. In the end, it doesn't really seem like that couple will ever progress very much, but that lesson was really important for me and for my testimony. I just felt in my heart "the message of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ is important enough for me to go to someone's house at 6 in the morning to share it with them." We knelt to say the opening prayer and I was having trouble fighting back the tears because I felt the Spirit so strongly. So just remember, that the message of the restoration of Christ's church and gospel is important enough for us to do pretty much anything to share it with others.

We also did something kind of new this week as well. We have a really great family that we are trying really hard to help progress and we gave them both a copy of The Book of Mormon. They said that they hadn't read it because the husband drives a lot to Guate and can't read while he drives. So we decided to go to the internet shop and had them download all of The Book of Mormon in audio on disc to give to them. They were really happy when we went over to give it to them. He told us now that there wasn't any excuse not to read and listen to the book of mormon and so we're hoping we will get to work with them more now. Their names are Mynor and Karina, so be sure to keep them in your prayers. 

Alright time's almost up so here's some quick shout outs

Dad- thanks a lot for your email. it really helped me out a lot. It's so true that if you think about obedience in terms of circumstances or situations that it is REALLY hard to be obedient. I need to apply that more to my life and help my zone to apply it as well. haha Don't worry too much about Matt with his new girl. He's got to learn sometime! And now is a good time. He'll be just fine. That's sad to hear about the two missionaries in Texas. I know you always pray for me, but this week if you could say a few special prayers for me I would really appreciate it. Sometimes I have trouble overcoming my own self. It's just hard sometimes for me to push myself to do my absolute very best sometimes. I want to do my best but I've just never really ever exerted myself beyond my limits in my life to this point. I'm trying to change that and kill off the natural man in me. So if you could remember that for me I'd really appreciate it. I'll always remember you guys in my prayers too. I love you!

Mom- hey there! Glad you liked the pictures I sent! and just so you know, the artistic photos were all by Norton Photography inc. (I should have been a photographer...=P) yeah, I really like the new suit. It's REALLY fit to me though which means it's a bit tight sometimes. I just have to not gain too much muscle weight so that it will still fit when I get home and I can wear it to church. =P Working out has helped my back out quite a bit and I'm getting stronger little by little. Thanks for the talks you sent, I really liked the idea of Pres. McMillan's talk. Love you!

Alright, well times up so I gotta go, but I love you all tons!

Love,
Elder Norton
With Elder Lusty in our new tailored suits made of the exact same fabric. 

Another artsy pic with me and Elder Lusty!


No comments:

Post a Comment