"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, February 13, 2012

Change Week and Happy Birthday Mom!


With my Mom.  
(Please read as "Mr. Darcy")Dearest Mother of Mine,

I write you today to wish you the happiest of days as your birthday was, in fact, last Saturday. How I longed to be at your side, but as you know I find myself in a rather distant land. Nevertheless, I continue to contemplate your state of being in this the week following the celebration of your birth. 

Ok I got tired of that really fast haha. Sounds like you had a fun birthday weekend!! I'm jealous. But don't worry it's the last birthday of yours that I'll ever miss! WOO! I just wanted to take a little bit of time to write you a personal letter to tell you how much I love and appreciate you. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for having given me a mother like you. You really are "hand picked" for me :) We have always been good friends and I don't really ever remember not getting along with you. I have always been thankful for the great relationship that we have had and for all of the fun memories that we have together...throwing half of the popcorn bucket on the ground as we watched "Taken" for the first time in the theatre when I should have been in school...getting addicted to LOST together haha...going to the Renaissance Fair together...singing together while you play the piano...playing Settlers of Catan and Time's Up...watching classic British period movies together...arguing about whether or not "the Sorcerer's Apprentice" was actually based on a scene from Disney's "Fantasia".  I think that I can honestly say that my mom is one of my best friends. :) So thanks for being the fun, loving, caring, mother that you are. I can't thank you enough for all of the AWESOME packages you have sent me too! I wish I could send you a cool package from here in Guate, but my resources are limited (even being the Print Master master haha) All of my comps and everyone that sees the kind of stuff that you send me say "man your mom is AWESOME!" Everyone knows my mom loves me :) So thank you for being such a wonderful mother. 

Most of all I thank you for raising me and teaching me to love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So much of my testimony that I have gained throughout my life is dependent on the firm and steadfast example that you have always given me. If it weren't for you, I for sure wouldn't be where I am today. So thanks for always being there to support me and help me to walk in the light of the Gospel of Christ. The best part is that even though we are getting older and things are changing from what they used to be, "there is no end to love." We'll always be best friends, you'll always be my mom, and we'll always be together for ever! :) Love you mom, thank you for all that you do. Can't wait until your dream of hugging me and jumping up and down comes true! :)

Talk to you soon! 
Love,
your son,
who is in Guatemala,
who is wishing you a happy birthday,
who promises that when you get really old and wrinkly that he will take care of you, or at least pay someone to do so,

Elder Norton
LOVE YOUR GUTS OUT!
...............................................................................................

Hey guys!!


First off, a shoutout to Abe Lincoln in honor of his birthday last Saturday the 11th of February.  (I don't have the heart to tell him that Abe Lincoln's birthdate is February 12)

AND of course to my dearly beloved mother :) You're more important than Abe mom.  (I am just glad that I am more important to him than Abe Lincoln : )

Well, I don't have much time today because I wrote mom an email and I wrote a letter explaining our desires for you guys to come and pick me up. So sorry that I'll be cutting my letter a little short today. As you all guessed, I have a change. All I know as of right know that I'm not going to the capital. In fact it's pretty certain that I'll be going to Polochik or Coban. In the end I have the feeling that I'll being going to Coban, NOT Polochik. Both of the zone leaders in Coban have a change which means they are going to "whitewash" the area as we say here. So it's actually pretty likely I'll be going to Coban instead of Polochik. But that's assuming that I stay a ZL. Who knows, maybe I'll go down this change or something? I don't know. I'm a little bit sad to leave Salama since I've been here so long. I've come to like Salama a lot. It doesn't really feel like I've been here for 6 months already, but I'm sure that I will miss the dusty, hot roads of Salama. It's especially sad because we just put another baptismal date this week with Ana Garrido and we are very close to putting another baptismal date with Erick and Rosa, and Familia Mejicanos who are a new family that have come to church twice now in a row. The work is expanding FAST here. But I feel blessed to have been a part of it for at least a couple of months and to have gotten to take part in the baptisms of Danilo and Reina. After having done that, I feel that I can leave in peace. 

This week was busy with a lot of traveling. We came back from the cap Monday night, worked normally tuesday, went to San Cristobal for a district meeting Wednesday, had a district meeting here in Salama Thursday, I went and did divisions in San Jeronimo on Thursday, came back Friday, we had a big movie night Friday night and then Saturday and Sunday were normal days of work. I got sort of dehydrated during the week because I had fasted and because we had been traveling a lot. I guess I forgot to drink very much water and I started to feel pretty out of it by Thursday. Then I started drinking a lot more water and felt better.
 



Other than that there's not a lot to tell! I'm sad to leave Elder Lemus because he's been a great comp. Last night we went to visit Danilo and when we walked in the movie " The Sorcerer's Apprentice" was on and it made me REALLY baggy for about 5 minutes since it made me think of the last few movies that I saw with you guys haha. Things are going great here and I feel great other than the fact that I really hate packing my suitcases. I'll write you all next week to let you know where I'm at. I love you all more than you know!!!!

Talk to you in a week.
Love,
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment