"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Normal, Good Old, Hard Working Week!

Hey guys!

Thanks for the letters. I would say that I hope you are all doing well but I'm pretty sure I say that every email. So I'll try to refrain from saying that this time. Anyways, things are going really well here. There's actually not a whole lot to report for this week. It was just a normal, good old, hard working week. We are working a lot right now with our investigators to get them to read the Book of Mormon. We have about 4 couples that aren't progressing anymore that we are going to work a lot with in the upcoming weeks. We are planning on focusing a lot on the Book of Mormon and it's power to help them change (2 of them have addictions they need to get over) and it's power to help couples to grow closer together. So we're been reading a lot lately the first 3 chapters of First Nephi haha. It's going to be a neat experience though I think. With one family we are planning on going every single day this week to read with them. We hope it will have an impact on them.

Other than that, we had our zone conference this week in Sacsuha. It was a good conference. I got a candy bar for my birthday which is coming up soon. It's weird because I hadn't really remembered that my birthday was coming up so soon. I hope I'll still be in Sacsuha!! We'll see though. The zone is still having a lot of success and we could all feel President Watts' sense of respect for us and his love. He talked a lot about how honored he was to be with us and how he was impressed with our work. But he helped us to realize that it's not over yet and we all still have a lot more work to do! The goal for the mission is to have 4 baptisms per companionship every month. This month we had 5, so now we need to keep looking for at least 4 more for May. I really want to try and consistently complete the mission goal for the next and last 3 months of my mission. So please pray for us to be able to find the people that the Lord is preparing for us to be baptized in May, June, and July! We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon in the conference and how to work more with references. It was an uplifting conference and was good to eat normal, good, food for a change. (we had sack-lunch type meals that were just like a sack-lunch from the states.) We also talked about how us North Americans have to teach our companions English, so I'm going to be working on that too. Elder Escorcia already has a pretty good foundation for English. He can already pronounce words pretty well with "th" and he knows how to count to 100. He's pretty good actually. Speaking of which I wanted to let you guys know that his parents don't ever email him. His biological father for sure doesn't write. His mom is less active and she doesn't know how to use computers so she never writes either. His sister ocassionaly writes, but for the most part just friends write him. Poor guy. So I don't know if maybe you guys could write him every once in a while? He'll be able to understand a lot of what you write.  Thanks!


Alright on to some personal comments:

Mom-thanks for the comments and the article about the temple. Wow. Sounds like the church is gaining a ton of respect in the KC area. I'm excited to get back from my mission and just be able to talk to people about the Church! It is such a big deal to have the temple there. I'm sure the missionaries in the area are LOVING it right now. They are probably getting a lot of references and a lot of new people to teach. I'm also really excited to do lots of family history work!! What's the scoop with our family history? Last time I checked we hadn't gotten very far with certain branches of the family. That's cool that Grandpa Jack was from Great Falls. Elder Ware says he knows exactly where it is. His dad/grandpa possibly could know family members of Grandpa Jack he says. Cool right? I'll have to ask Elder Dilworth now if he knows where it is. That's cool about the Cockriels not going to South Africa. I hadn't heard that plans had changed. And I love my little Ford Explorer. I'll be actually kind of sad to see it go. It's a good car! I kind of want to keep it....it wouldn't probably sell for that much anyways. Anyways, say hi to Mimi and fam for me. Love you tons mom!!!!

Dad- hey thanks for the email dad. Yeah, I see what you mean. I've felt that way sometimes too looking back now. I really want to try to help the family out as well too so that we can all have a loving and warm environment in the house and super good relationships together. So, you're the patriarch of the family and God will give you revelation that you need to lead us all to do what we need to to have a better family life. I'm ready to leave my posessions and follow you into the wilderness =P But really though I know that we just need to work on a few things. We really have such a GREAT family. After being here for so long with so many problems with families it's been nice to know that I have a wonderful family waiting for me back home. That's cool that you talked to Rachel and Kylie. I didn't know Kylie was going to be living at The Colony too? That will be cool. Anyone else I'll know that will be living at The Colony? It would be cool to have a little KS colony haha. Hey, so did you figure anything else out about the Hebrew classes? I still think I'd like to take the current Hebrew class. It would probably not be too hard to take them both actually...just thinking out loud. I always have been thinking a lot and want you to check on a writing class maybe. Times up Love you!!

Ok love you all tons!

Elder Norton



No comments:

Post a Comment