"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Last Zone Conference and Second to Last Visit to Coban


Hey Guys!

I write to you all today from Coban which is a heck of a lot cooler (temperature wise) than the Polochik. It's great! We came down for a combined district activity with the zone leaders, my district and the Tukuru/ Tinta district. We just ate McDonalds and played some soccer with the Coban zone. It was fun but I kind of wished we hadn't played since we can play any p-day anywhere else. So I didn't get to go shopping for recuerdos and in the pacas. The good news is that in 3 weeks I'll be back in Coban for a whole day before I go to the cap. Then it will all be over.

I honestly can't wait to get home. This week was a good and somewhat bad week. The greatest thing ever is that we put a baptismal date with ROSA which means she and her husband, Domingo are getting married this month. We had a good talk with them and put the goal and they said that they want to do it. Rosa said that she wants me to baptize her which is special for me because I started teaching her and everything, and I've worked really hard with that family since I came to Saqsuha'. So I'm super excited. We also had a great (and last) zone conference with President Watts. He chewed us out just a little bit about not losing the Lord's time and posed the question to us "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me." There were some good things that I needed to hear to help me finish the mission strong and there were a lot of things that my companion needed to get chewed out for a little bit. But I'm still going strong and working hard with our investigators to get them ready for baptism. Please pray for Domingo and Rosa so that they'll be able to get married. Please also pray for Oscar.

Other than that things are all going well. I'm just finishing strong. Well I'm going to have to cut it a little short today because we have to get going back to our areas. I just love and appreciate you guys all a ton and can't hardly wait to see you all again. Love you all tons! 3 MORE WEEKS!

Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment