"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, July 2, 2012

One More Month - Don't Die Before I Get Home!!!





Hello to all!

Ok. I think maybe I might have gotten a small taste of what you all felt when I fell in the river a year ago. It's not very fun to get news about accidents from far away!!!!! haha. It's typical of the Norton family to have it all happen on the same day I guess. I still think that in some hospitals they have a "NORTON" plaque in one of the rooms. But I'm really glad to hear that my brothers are "not dead yet". Come on guys don't go getting all beat up right before I get home!! 

Anyways...THE FLIGHT PLANS ARE IN. I probably knew them before you guys because I got told by Elder Snow who got told by Elder Nelson the AP. I have to say that I got pretty dang baggy when I heard that. Elder Snow couldn't remember what time I got in though to KC. I just heard we'd all be getting into Atlanta around 11:00 or so. The elders from SLC will leave around 2ish I think and the rest of us will wait around a little longer. Poor Elder Dilworth though has to wait until about 8:30 for his flight. He gets to Minneapolis around 10:45 and then has to make another flight to Montana where he'll touch down at 11:56 PM if all goes to plan. so I'm glad that I'll be getting in in the evening on Thursday. The flight plans make everything seem all the more real but it still hasn't really hit me yet that I'm leaving. I know that I am leaving and I can feel it coming but I don't quite feel it yet. All I can say is that one month is not a long time at all.





This week the marraige and baptism went all according to plan and Juana was confirmed a member of the Church yesterday. Friday, Elder Snow came and did a division with me in Saqsuha' to do the interview. It was a super fun division and we even found a new family of investigators that look really promising. We were getting ready for bed when we heard 2 rounds of gunshots that sounded like they were being shot right next to our house. (I found out the next day that apparently it was some drunk guys fighting and that they just shot the pistol in the air. Nobody got killed.) Anyways we didn't sleep for a while because of the gunshots and just talked about baggy stuff. It was on our divisions that he told me about the flight plans and all that jazz. I don't really want to start counting days but...it's not that hard to figure out how many days are in July. And it's not very hard to multiply the amount of weeks I have left in my weekly planner by 7...But the point is that I'm still determined to work hard. I still have at least one more family that I want to get married and baptize the wife. This week we also found 3 other young women that could be possibilities for baptism, most likely after I'm already gone. 2 of them are the yougner sisters of Oscar who we are going to baptize hopefully this month, and the other is their neighbor whose parents are inactive members. We are hoping to start teaching Oscar's family as a family this week and see if we can make some progress with his parents. Their kids are coming to church now. Maybe that will be the key. 

In other news, one of my investigators from Salama, Hermano Lopez, is getting baptized this Saturday with his wife and daughter. He is one of the neatest investigators I have ever had so I'm really happy that he is getting baptized. Elder Lemus is still in Salama and will be baptizing him which is cool. I wish I could go and see it but it would almost definitely be way too far away. I also got permission from my ZLs to go on a division to Tukuru to visit my converts and the members to say goodbye. I haven't been back to Tukuru since almost 2 years so it will be good to be there. But I've seen almost all of my converts from there at the district conference that happened a couple of months ago. It will be good to see everyone though. I'll probably go on that division within the next couple of weeks. 

Today we came to good old El Estor and played some soccer and we are going to buy some little "recuerdos" (souveneirs (sp?)) and some other stuff. I'm ordering some things and buying some cool stuff to take home with me. So that's why I took a lot of money out this week. (sorry dad...) But I took it out to buy everything that I'm going to buy before I got home. I'll be sure to bring you all something cool from Guatemala. Alright here are some quick personal comments:

Jack- WHAT THE HECK!!!!! Dude! I can't believe you got injured like that!!! Well I guess it could have been worse but I cringed with pain just looking at the blood spots in the pics mom sent me. When I read the subject title "pictures of Jack in the hospital" I about fell out of my seat! Be careful man!!! You have to make sure you are all better and back to normal by the time I get home so we can hang out without problems. So you are still going to lacrosse camp then? You're a tough kid though. Glad to hear you're ok. Tell mom to buy you something tasty for me. Love you buddy. Be sure to take it easy and write me to let you know how are you doing! Love you!

Matt- WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! Dude! I can't believe you passed out in your work truck!!! So I get these pictures of Jack, and then the first thing mom explains is that the hospital called and said you were in the hospital for a car accident. I thought to myself "oh man, Matt got in a car accident and Jack was with him!" Haha but that really stinks. I'm just glad you're ok and that the car was the only thing that got hurt. What did your work say? Well anyways I'm glad you're ok. Don't going dying on me now right before I get home! You have to be in top condition to chill out at BYU together!!! What are your classes looking like for next semester?? Are you going to be busy with a lot of classes? I'm sure you'll have a lot to do but I'm just excited to hang out and live together!! That's something I look forward to the most when I get home. Well drink lots of water, don't go passing out on me anymore, and tell mom to buy you something tasty for me. Take care bro. Love you.

Alrighty folks my time is up. I'll write to you all again next week where once again we'll all get baggy and think about the day when I get home to spend time with you guys. I love you all tons and thanks for everything you do for me. Can't wait to see you CHI SEEB'!

Nekexinra,
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment