"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Q'ajk We / Ojik Wehin Pan Nupaat

With Elders Dilworth, Salazar, and Snow
In the jungle with Elder Dilworth.

Well guys. I have to honestly say that this week using internet has been the most baggy I have ever been in my whole mission. I just can't wait to be home. I love being a missionary. I love the work here. I love the Q'eqchi' people. I love helping people get married and baptized. But I am ready to come home and be with all of you again. It will for sure be hard to leave and will be a huge change for me, but I am ready for it. I can't wait to get home to be with my family again and be with friends and keep living out my life.

Ok sorry had to let a little bit of bagginess out. It was really exciting for me that you guys went to go hang out with Twoody and his fam. It's funny that you guys surprised him and didn't tell him you were going to visit. Sounds like you had fun together. His family is great and I'm excited to hang out with them again and with Twoody soon. When I saw the pic of Twoody that you guys sent I just thought "That will be me soon."

Anyways. Things here are going well, at least with the investigators. Last week I did a division with Elder Dilworth which was really baggy. He got sick so we couldn't go out and work for a day and we ended up just talking about everything that's going to happen when we get home and everything. We got pretty dang baggy. I'm doing divisions right now with other missionaries just to get some good hard work in. This week I'll go to Panzos to do another baptismal interview so this week will probably fly by. Next week we'll be getting ready for Rosa and Oscar's baptisms and Rosa and Domingo's marriage. Everything is going well with them and they have been coming to church every week. We had some new investigators also come to church yesterday that are more references from members. So things are going well here. The bad news of the week is that I didn't get permission from Pres. Watts to go to do a division to Tukuru to see my converts before I leave. But it's ok, I understand. This past week we worked a lot with members and investigators that speak Poqomchi' so I've been learning a little bit more. (q'ajk we = "I'm about to return" in q'eqchi' / ojik wehin pan nupaat= "I'm about to go to my house" in poqomchi'.) So that's been fun too. Everyone here knows I'm leaving soon which sometimes makes it hard because everyone always says stuff like "You have no more time left in your mission."

Today we went up to Se'nawuq' (Senahu) to play soccer with everyone. It was pretty fun but I hurt my big toe (and you all know how I am about toe injuries...). I'm sitting here using internet with Elder Snow and Elder Dilworth as well which always makes Mondays fun and pretty baggy haha.

Ok well I have some important things I want to mention before I forget:

1)This one's for Matt (mom make sure he reads it and that he responds for next week.) What was it like getting released/ coming home from the mish? Let me know how it was for you and how you felt.

2) I was thinking that it would be super great one of my first days back to get a really nice full body massage. 2 years of walking around with heavy books up and down mountains has really made my tib'el pretty ra if you know what I mean. So figure that out for me will you? I would like that a lot. (We laughed at this one.  We're not sure what his tib'el is, but we think it is his back.  Luckily for him there is a massage place right around the corner!)


3) Will I be going to see a doctor when I get home to check me out and make sure I don't have any weird diseases that I will have brought back from Guate? Just a question.

4) Did you guys buy me a phone yet? If so, what is the number? If not I would like if you could to get me one soon so that I can leave my number with my converts and member families and stuff.

5) Is it just going to be you guys that pick me up from the airport or will you invite other people? I don't know how this whole airport scene thing works but anything would be fine for me. (Oh, we've got plans for the airport, including a surprise visit from his friend Taylor Woodward, aka. Twoody!!!!  We can't wait!)

Ok here are some quick personal comments:

Matt- man you are looking pretty studly in all of the pictures that mom sent! The first one that mom sent really surprised me! Have you been working out? I guess you are making sure to look good for Kili, eh? It could also be that you are wearing my clothes in pretty much all of your pics haha. Don't worry that's good. They look good on you. What did you think of Twoody? Great guy right? It will be fun rooming with him. Love you and see you soon bro. Can't wait to hang out. SOON!

Jack- Hey bud thanks for writing! You look great in all of the pictures. You're like me only better looking, more athletic and cool. Sounds like you had fun at the lacrosse camp. Sounds tiring though. It's easy to see though that you are going to be a ladies man. That's a good thing but you have to remember the mission first, then the girls :) But how's your injury doing? Hope it feels better. Sounds like a fun hike! Yeah I probably wouldn't have had a very hard time hiking up since I'm so used to it by now. But we'll have to go hiking maybe when you come out to BYU for spring break. It won't be long until you'll be hearing me give my homecoming talk. Can't wait to see you either bro. I love you and I've really missed you tons these 2 years. Can't wait to see you soon.

Kinzie- YOU BETTER NOT HAVE KISSED ANY BOYS AT EFY. Hola :) Ok anyways I hope you had fun there. Sounds like a good time. But really I will break those boys arms if they try to go after you. You are looking good in the pics too :) You are stinking getting old!! My only question for you is since when have you been using those big black glasses? Stylish. Ok well you freak I will be seeing you so very soon so you better be waiting for me you little freak. Love you!!!!

Dad- WOO!! I'm really glad and relieved to hear that your case settled. Sounds like those other guys were real jerks. But I'm really glad that we'll have a lot more time now to hang out and that you won't be stressed out about anything else really. EXCITING!! The Lord worked it out I think so that we could have this time together. It will be awesome to go on vacation together. Where do you think we'll go? I can't wait!!! Ok, well thanks for all of the advice dad. I'll try to study a little more the sections in D&C that talk about how to deal with my problem. I know that the Lord puts people that are weak in the Spirit with those that are stronger so that they can become stronger. So thanks. Pray for me and I'll pray for you too. Love you tons dad and thanks for everything. I can't wait to see you soon.

Mom- I WILL HUG YOU IN (a little more than) TWO WEEKS! :) Ok just had to say that. :) Anyways thanks for the email. And thanks for all the pics. You all look great. I'm excited to hang out with the gang again. I'm super excited that you guys went to hang out with Twoody. He said you guys are really funny haha. He wrote me. Can't wait to be his roommate with Matt. Anyways sounds like you guys had a blast at Utah. haha yeah I bet I would probably not have too hard of a time hiking now. We'll have to go sometime to see! Ok. I will look for your Guat nativity set but I might not be able to find it. I'll look for it though. Love you mom, can't wait to see you!

OK! Well, I don't have any time left to write. So, Love you all tons. Don't get too baggy but next week will probably be the last time that I really write you guys anything. The next week after that will be pretty much game over. Love you all tons!!!!

Love,
Elder Norton


No comments:

Post a Comment