"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Transfers!

Hello once again from here in beautiful Taktik! Hope you guys are all doing great and are enjoying school again. Here it has been RAINY. The rainiest it's ever been here which meant we got pretty wet this past week and had a few difficulties with landslides. But nothing really too exciting here.

Well I guess I'll get straight to the most exciting info which is that I have a change and tomorrow will be leaving Taktik. I don't know where I'm going, I just know I'm not going to the capital or to Peten. It COULD mean that I might go back to Polochik (I've been kind of feeling those vibes ever since the zone conference...or maybe just because I really want to go back haha. keep your fingers crossed!) Anyways I just hope that 2 really great missionaries get put here in Taktik because we have about 5 people that are for sure going to get baptized plus a few others that will for sure get baptized the change after this change (Kennia, the little girl who we were going to baptize but it turned out that she was only 7, is going to get baptized in October.) I have to admit that I am pretty sad to leave here. Mostly I kind of feel bad for the families here since I didn't say goodbye to anyone. But Taktik will always be in my prayers so that the investigators we had here can keep progressing. Oh and by the way, we were supposed to have had a baptism with Miguel, but he had some problems with addictions that we needed to take care of first. So his date got moved until Sept. 17th. He is the only one that has always come to church so I'm sure he's going to get baptized. Depending where I go, I might ask for permission to come back to be there for the baptisms of some of the people here..This also means that my Poqomchi days are over (unless I get sent back to Tukuru where there is actually a lot of Poqom).  At the same time if I go back to Polochik I'll be SOO happy. Yesterday, my ZL told me that I had a change and that it was internal. He told me that that probably meant that I'd be going back and I seriously screamed like a little girl. I miss Q'eqchi' so much. So we'll see what happens!!

Other than that this week was pretty good. We had a lot of appointments with our investigators that had baptismal dates that fell. Because of that we didn't have any other investigators in church except for Miguel. We also got fed some pretty good food by some members in Elder Escate's honor. Elder Escate was pretty darn baggy which meant that I had to do a lot of talking. This week has been pretty fungus-filled. I got some weird rash underneath my watch that has been very itchy. Also something has been biting my legs and they have been so itchy that I've scratched my skin off at night when I sleep. So I've found a new use for all of the nifty little creams that you guys sent me with in my first aid kit. I'm just glad no worms have popped up anywhere so far in my mission. But I've still got a year left so I shouldn't speak too soon haha. This week all of a sudden I just went into a phase where I wanted to workout and do exercise a lot. I haven't actually started to do anything yet but I'm going to try to start next week. We'll see how long it takes for this little phase to end haha. Well there's not really too much else to talk about this week so I'll just go on to some personal comments.

Dad- hey don't worry about the short email. You're a hard working man so I understand when you don't have as much time to write. I'm glad seminary is going really well so far. I'll try to think of things to try and share with  the class every week. How many seniors do you have in the class this year? How many freshman? Good luck with your hearing and I'll pray for you to do well! Love you dad, talk to you next week!

Mom- haha I'm glad you enjoyed the missionary mom's "zone conference". Sounds like you made a lot of friends there. Love the pictures with "Laj Kaxlan" and "Laj Tuxmek" (Larsen and Turek). Seeing them going to BYU gets me excited to go to BYU next year! (that's a weird thought...) Speaking of BYU sounds like the girls are getting a little bit immodest there...but for the most part BYU is on a MUCH higher level than any other place. It depends on where you live too...I think that it's more of a problem in places where the people are all trying to get married...So that makes me a little worried, but honestly the truth is I've already gotten used to looking at people only in the face since half of the people here with babies don't cover up when they need to feed the kids. But it's pretty certain that Matt not that type of guy. So there's no need to worry, but hopefully he can find some good people there to be friends with. His roommate sounds awesome (he's a nueroscience major so that's cool.) What's his name? I knew a couple of guys from Men's chorus when I was there that were also in the neuroscience program. Haha I just knew that you would turn that "prophecy" into a statement about someone. I think the real thing will be that she will supposedly live 9 house to the left of mine when I am in BYU. So, who knows. I still haven't gotten the package that you sent in Utah but it should be here by now which means I'll probably get it..relatively soon. Thanks for everything mom and for being a great friend to me too :) Love you!

Alrighty well times up. I will let you know about changes next week. Wherever I go and whoever my companion is I know that I'll be in the place and with the people that I need to be with and that the Lord wants me to be with. I just love this work and even though it's not always easy, I'm trying to follow in the footsteps of my Savior and be obedient in everything, even the things that are hardest. My testimony of this work and of this Church has grown every single day here. I know that this truly is the Church and Kingdom of Christ here on the earth and that there is no other church that is or can ever be the true and living church of God. I love you all and you are all in my prayers. Talk to you all next week!

Love,

Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment