"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Last Change

Well,

Today I begin my last change in my mission. I'm staying in Saqsuha' with E. Salazar so no changes for me. In fact there was only one change in the whole zone which means Elder Dilworth and  Elder Snow will also be dying in their same areas with the same companions. It's really just a weird thing to think about. One more daily planner. 6 more weeks. That means that I will have had



6 areas:  
3 Q'eqchi' 
2 all Spanish 
1 Spanish and Poqomchi'


12 companions:  
2 North Americans 
4 from El Salvador 
2 from Guatemala 
1 from Honduras 
1 from Nicaragua 
1 from Peru 
1 from Chile

Anyways enough of that. The point is that, yes, I'm a little bit baggy.

But I've still got a lot of ganas (desires) to work hard and finish strong. I've still got a lot to teach my companion and we've got some baptisms planned for these next couple of months. We taught the same lesson about the marriage of Adam and Eve with Oscar and Juana (our eternal investigators) and they accepted a date to get married. It was AWESOME. Oscar's mom is kind of being a stinker though and trying to takchi'ink (give bad counsel to) him by telling him not to do it until he has more money. But he's really determined to get married so I'm not worried. This Wednesday Juana is going to get her paperwork all figured out and we are going to go and give all of their paperwork to the municipality so that the week of the 30th they can get married and Juana can get baptized. WOO! We also found a reference of a pilas ex missionary in our branch. It's his 17 year old brother in law named Oscar Ixim (just a funny little fact that Ixim means corn.) . We put a baptismal date with him at our first appointment and he came to church this last week and loved it. We're pretty excited. We're going to see if we can work it out so that he gets baptized in July sometime.

Anways things are just going really well. I'm still working hard and focused but it's just really surreal to me about coming home so soon.

About vacation, I could really care less about where we go or what we do. If we don't have time cause of dad's trial I'll be fine just chilling at home with you guys and going to do fun stuff in KS, So Whatever!

Quickly I just wanted to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! to Kinzie :) I know you're not at home yet to read this but just know I'm thinking about you and I already have a little present for you for when I get back :)

Ok guys sorry it's a little short today but times up. Love you all tons and I'll write you all next week more!!!! Love you!!!

Elder Norton



No comments:

Post a Comment