"Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah."

Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:8

Monday, June 4, 2012

Time Keeps On Slippin'

Hey!

Wow, well I got a lot of emails today from friends and family which is great. So thanks guys for all of the emails and all of the great news.

Well, as the subject titles of this email says, time keeps on slippin'. I feel like this past week was about 7 hours instead of 7 days. Things are just going by way too fast to even comprehend. We had interviews with President Watts which was great. I had a good talk with him about things I need to do to finish the mission strong and to make these last weeks of my mission the best. It was good. And also baggy. But I don't feel hardly baggy at all yet. My companion has been struggling a little bit to keep working hard. He has a hard time with all of the heat and with the walking we do. Yesterday I took him to Palomar where I baptized my convert Alicia and he almost threw up quite a few times haha. Poor guy. But he's got a good heart and he wants to work hard. His mom told him if he lost weight that she would stop smoking (his mom's less active..) so we're working hard to get his "wata" (as they say in Chile) smaller. Q'eqchi' is still hard for him but he's starting to learn more. He just has to pretty much make a fool of himself for the next three months trying to speak and he'll learn quickly. He's just got to speak it even when he doesn't know how to say things and learn that way.

So anyways, things are going well. As far as investigators go, we talked to President Watts about how we need to focus more on those who are ready to progress. It's hard because I love most of our investigator families so darn much. But we're working with the people who are actually ready to be baptized in our time here and letting the others have their time with other missionaries. It's really a hard concept to master to be honest but it's what we have to do as missionaries. We don't forget about them, we just don't focus on them as much. So anyways, Erlinda and Carlos didn't come to church which was sad. They said they they had to go to Teleman because their son was sick but I'm not so sure. The good news is that Rosa, the mom of the three kids that I baptized, is coming to church again and is recovered from her child labor. This Sunday they blessed their baby and officially gave her her name (which they made Elder Escorcia and I choose.) Her name is Sara Dámaris Xol Chub. I picked out the named Sara and my comp picked out Damaris. I tried to name her Susan or Susy as they normally say here and then Kensy after Kinzie, but they didn't like those names very much. So it just ended up being Sara haha. But it was a neat experience to name a baby. Anyways, Rosa and her husband Domingo are thinking about marriage right now and I'm sure they'll get married soon. They are such a great family and I love them TONS.

Alright well that's pretty much it on the info for the week. Let me get some personal comments in now:

Dad- wow that's awesome about the new calling!! That will be such a great opportunity right now because I'm sure there will be a lot more interest in the church in the general Kansas City area with the temple and everything. The Lord put you there for a reason for sure dad. You'll be great. I'm not exactly sure how the high council works in regards to missionary work since well frankly I've never even been in a ward in my mission. But I'm sure it will be fun to work with the missionaries and to take more part in missionary work. Like you've always told me, it's all about listening to the Spirit. I'm sure though that you are just the man for the job and that, just like all of ther other callings you've had, you'll do a great job and bless the lives of a lot of people. I just want to thank you again dad for having taught me so much as my seminary teacher. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world. The things I learned from you and the testimony that I've always felt as you've taught has been one of the biggest things that helped me to get out here on my mission and has supported me through hard times here. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Love you dad. Let me know how your new calling goes! Love you!

Mom-well I'll talk about the sad things first to get them out of the way. That's horrible about Cody.  I will pray a lot for him. I really hope that the Lord lets him spend his time in juvenille.  I'll remember Kim and her family in my prayers too. So you said in your email that the stake president wanted to talk to you too? For a minute I thought you were going to get released too! haha. That's exciting about the basement and about Les Mis! I'm very excited to see it with you guys! And yes we'll have to go and plant corn next year! that would be super fun! I'll find out all I can about how to do it and everything and we'll go pure Q'eqchi' style haha! And you'll make caldo!! I would really love that hahaha. We'll have to do it :) Alright well I love you! Another Monday bites the dust!!

Ok guys times up. Love you all tons and I'm so grateful for having the best family I could ever ask for. Thanks for supporting me and for all that you do for me. Write you all next week!!

Love,
Elder Norton



No comments:

Post a Comment